Unsplash, the photo-sharing site that lets you download and use thousands of free photos without any restrictions, has become a bit of a phenomenon. What started as a side project attracted tens of millions of downloads in its first year alone. Today more than 250,000 photos are downloaded every single day.
I'm an Unsplash fan too. In fact, I use photos from Unsplash for this very blog. So when Mikael Cho reached out to ask whether I'm interested in running a little campaign together, it was an easy decision.
Under the theme Life Off Screen we've started a new collection all about our favourite ways to log off. My first shot: I love browsing book and magazine stores, so I've chosen a photo of a recent visit of our Berlin stockist, Do You Read Me.
I'm now calling on the Offscreen community – you – to submit your photos of your favourite things or activities that you turn to once you turned off your device. What's your favourite way of spending time away from your screens?
How it works
- Use the link below to upload your photos. (You'll need to create an account if you don't have one already.)
- Add 'Life Off Screen' to the photo story (its caption)
- All photos must adhere to Unsplash's Submission Guidelines.
- Your photos will be reviewed, generally within 24 hours.
- Once approved your photos will be available to use for everyone for free without restrictions.
With a bit of luck your photo will also be selected as a top-ten pick and appear in Unsplash's newsletter (sent to around 400,000 recipients) and on Unsplash's homepage. As a top-ten pick you also get a load of free Unsplash swag.
I can't wait to see what you come up with. Happy snapping!