149a Brunswick St
Fitzroy VIC 3065
To find out more about Offscreen, make sure you read about our story, our purpose, and our production. Logos and image material can be found in our media download folder. We’re always interested in answering your questions about Offscreen and indie publishing in general. Please don’t send us any PR pitches for your product/company, we have our own way of finding the products/companies we feature.
Thanks for considering us to publish your work! Please read the following guidelines first.
- We are not currently looking for new photographers or illustrators.
- We are looking for writers who’d like to publish a new or existing essay in our magazine, but remember...
- All of our essays are strictly non-technical. We publish introspective, thoughtful, personal writing about our relationship with technology, the web, and digital culture. Examples here.
- We sometimes re-publish essays that have previously appeared online – feel free to send us a link to your piece. If you’d like to write a new piece for us, please include some references.
- While we do offer a small writing fee, we generally can’t offer the same rates as much larger publishers.
- We are also always looking for guest editors of our weekly newsletter. If you’d like to share your favourite apps and tools with our audience, please get in touch.
- We usually don’t accept self-invitations for our interviews. While you may suggest yourself, your friend or your colleague, please note that we have a long list of potential interviewees lined up.
We’re flattered you are thinking of us, but Offscreen is largely a one-man magazine. We don’t have any open roles or internships to offer, sorry. Don’t give up the search!
Offscreen's office is located on the traditional lands of the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin nation. We acknowledge that sovereignty was never ceded and pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging.